Can I appeal an academic suspension/dismissal?

Academic suspension requires a student to not take classes for one full semester and academic dismissal requires a student to be suspended from taking classes for one full year (12 months).  

If you are academically suspended or dismissed, and you want to be eligible to return early, you may submit an online academic suspension/dismissal appeal packet for committee review.

If approved, you will be contacted and required to meet with an academic advisor before you can register. If the appeal is not approved, then you will have to sit out for the required period.

The online academic suspension/dismissal appeal packet must be submitted via your Workday account by the deadline posted on the Academic Recovery webpage.   No late forms will be accepted.

To submit an online academic suspension/dismissal appeal packet:

  1. Sign into Workday
  2. Click on Applications
  3. Click on TCC College Forms
  4. Click on Submit a New Form
  5. Scroll down to Advising forms and click on the on "Academic Suspension/Dismissal Packet"
  6. Complete and submit

You will be contacted via your TCC Outlook email account. The decision of the Academic Suspension/Dismissal Committee is final. For more information about TCC's Academic Recovery formerly known as Standards of Academic Progress (SOAP) including deadlines to submit Suspension/Dismissal Appeals please click here.

Need Help? |   Ask a Question  |  Call (850) 201-4444




Article ID: 21257
Wed 12/7/16 3:23 PM
Fri 9/29/23 10:57 AM