Can my Financial Aid transfer from institution to institution?

Students transferring to TCC who wish to receive financial aid should be aware of the following requirements for transfer students:

  • Transfer students must ensure their Admissions file is complete.
  • All academic transcripts from previously attended post-secondary institutions (colleges, universities, technical centers) must be received, evaluated and posted to the student's academic history.
  • Transfer students must meet TCC's Standards for Satisfactory Progress for Financial Aid to receive federal financial aid.
  • Transfer students who had loans at their previous school may have to ask that school to cancel their loans before the lender will issue a new loan through TCC.
  • Transfer students who are awarded a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, or a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan must complete Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note prior to receiving their first disbursement, even if they completed these requirements at another institution. Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note can be found on-line at
  • TCC's disbursement and refund dates for financial aid may differ from the previously attended school. You can check our Academic Calendar to find when the Office of Financial Aid plans to disburse funds for each session.


Article ID: 21105
Wed 12/7/16 2:32 PM
Tue 10/25/22 8:44 AM